Dedicated to Serving Hawai’i – over the last two decades Hawaiian Telcom’s mission has evolved dramatically, both in the area of communications – Internet, wireless, and data transmission – and also in broader digital applications that improve their customers’ worlds every day, whether they’re residential, business or government. Hawaiian Telcom has become deeply engaged in a wide variety of new products and services. From the fiber that feeds your 4G wireless network to digital television. From Hosted Voice to virtual colocation. From enabling new office towers with fiber for greater connectivity to laying new undersea cables across the Pacific to Asia. Today, Hawaiian Telcom is offering 1 Gig broadband service, providing state-of-the-art cloud services for businesses, and expanding Hawaii’s largest next-generation fiber network.
Like many telecommunications providers, Hawaiian Telcom manages customer field service orders (short-cycle) and large projects such as fiber optic cable installation (outside plant). Hawaiian Telcom employs a large workforce of field technicians spread across four disciplines: Customer Operations, Business Operations, Outside Plant (OSP), and Network Operations. Field teams had been using applications that required a laptop to manage work orders, and sometimes paper to track the work. More automation and integration in the field would improve efficiencies.
The company sought solutions for these issues:
- Dispatchers had to preload work for each technician for the day, and changes could cause major havoc.
- Techs did not have a mobile app to receive and track work orders. Instead, they had to call into dispatch to get new assignments or wait for dispatch to rearrange their workloads.
- Install jobs for Business Ops used a custom application requiring an exchange of emails to assign technicians.
- There were three different workflows required to manage work orders for Customer Ops, Business Ops, and Network Ops.
- There was no automation or integration between financial and timekeeping, so techs had to access two separate systems, requiring multiple login credentials and often duplicating entries.
In 2015, Hawaiian Telcom embarked on a mission to replace their old systems and build a foundation for future success through self-supportive field operations. Following an extensive RFP selection process, Hawaiian Telcom selected KloudGin’s combined solution for field service and asset management. Hawaiian Telcom implemented the KloudGin Field Service Management Suite for work order management, scheduling and dispatch, time clocking, dashboards and reporting, and the mobile app.
Hawaiian Telcom now manages workflows for the OSP, Business Ops and Network Ops divisions with automatic, manual scheduling and self-assign workflows through a single, easy-to-use one-cloud platform. In addition to short-cycle work, Hawaiian Telcom uses KloudGin for fiber optic cable installation projects across all the Hawaiian Islands. Long-cycle fiber project details, schedules, budgets, and tasks are defined in KloudGin and then routed for approval and build cycles.
“With KloudGin we get a “Single Face Of Work” for project construction, asset maintenance, and customer field service orders on a single modern enterprise cloud platform.”
Vice President Field Operations Hawaiian Telcom
KloudGin Asset Management Suite
KloudGin Field Service Suite
KloudGin Mobile App
Ready for more?
Our Solution Experts are here to help.Contact Us